Oils & Vinegars
1.wash and chop broccoli florets and finely chop one onion
2.In a pot over medium heat sautéed onions in olive oil until translucent
3. In another pot chop up diaya cheddar block and slowly melt it into a cheddar cheese sauce with 1/4 of almond milk unsweetened add more if needed.
4. Pour in 2 cups of Vegetable broth and Almond milk with broccoli florets. Stir as you go.
5. Next pour in the cheddar cheese sauce
6. Season soup with spices ,1 Pinch Nutmeg, 3 tbsp of Nutritional yeast (add more to taste), 1/4 tsp Paprika, 2 tsp Salt, 1/2 tsp ground Turmeric. continue to to stir soup as you go.
7. In a small bowl mix 1 tbsp of all purpose flour and 1 tbsp of tapioca flour with 1tbsp of almond milk (unsweetened) into a paste , than mix in slowly with soup this will help to thicken soup.
8. Let soup simmer until desired thickness is reached broccoli florets will naturally tender throughout the cook and break apart.
***Now if you wanna take this up to another notch and get fancy here is a simply vegan bread bowl recipe to serve your broccoli & cheddar soup in.
1 tbsp yeast
1 tbsp of cane sugar
3/4 cup warm almond milk (unsweetened)
1/2 cup of melted vegan butter
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1.combine yeast and cane sugar to warm almond milk. In a bowl mix Yeast mixture, melted butter and salt. Thank slowly mix flour to wet ingredients. Knead dough for 5-7 mins.
when done set aside Let rise for 45mins to hr.
2. After the first rise, Cut dough into 4 medium pieces, form round dough balls, lightly grease a pan and set aside to rise again for 30-40 mins.
3. After the second rise, bake for 35-45 mins!
4. after you let the bread cool after baking curve out the top and scrape out some of the bread to create a nest for the soup.
5. Pour in soup , wal lah . Bon apetite.